Theater for Children Performed by The Pushcart Players at The Papermill Playhouse With Theater Environment Designed to be comfortable and judgement free for all families including those with Autism & Developmental Disabilities.
Red Riding Hood & Other Stories, A Theater For Everyone PerformanceSaturday, April 21, 2012. Pushcart Players
Ages 5 & up
Here is an enchanting collection of classic tales - Little Red Riding Hood, The Emperor's New Clothes, The Princess and the Pea and Hans Christian Anderson's All's Well That Ends Well.
A Paper Mill Playhouse "Theatre for Everyone" Presentation
This unique presentation is designed in cooperation with AUTISM NEW JERSEY, THE DOUGLASS DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES CENTER AT RUTGERS UNIVERSITY and PUSHCART PLAYERS. At this special performance, the theater environment will be altered to offer a comfortable, judgment-free space that is welcoming for all families:
• Lights up inside the theater
• Lower volume & consistent sound level
• Kids free to talk & leave their seat (supervised)
• Show runs about one-hour with an intermission
• Chill-out space provided
• Family bathrooms
• BYO snacks & drinks
• Online resource materials: "THIS IS MY THEATRE" Sequence Book may be downloaded at the bottom of this page. One version has no words so parents may tailor the book for their own child by handwriting their own descriptions.
• New to the theater experience? “MEET YOUR SEAT!” before the show! Join us for our FREE Open House on Friday, April 20, 2012 from 3:00pm - 6:00pm, expressly for children to visit the theater space before the show. (no reservation required)