One of the trickiest things you face moving out is cooking for one. Since it's less expensive to cook using larger quantities and freezing some, the recipe below is perfect to make and split up into food for one night plus some to freeze in small loaf pans. Magically providing you with more than one night's food with the same amount of work as one night of meatloaf. I do love fast and easy dinners!
8 Servings (this will let you freeze some in small tin loaf pans with 2 person servings per pan)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped (you can buy this pre-chopped if chopping is difficult for you)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beef, egg, onion, milk and bread in large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 4 small loaf pans if you want some to freeze for another four night later, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish lined with foil to make clean up easier.
- Combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup in a separate small bowl.
- Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.